Monday, May 21, 2012

My Mom's Cedar Chest..

                                               IN MOM'S MEMORY! 
My Mother ( whom I miss very much) passed away Feb. 8th. 2005 the  age of 98!
I was given her old cedar chest which the legs were falling off and it was in pretty bad condition.
I then passed it on to my youngest daughter because her husband wanted to restore it.. and that he did!
My son-in-law- Mitch who is a unbelievable craftsman restored it... the sad part of the story is... we didn't take a pictire of it before.. but the "after" is a memorable cherished piece of the past.
damaged edge of the top

Sanded down and new legs
                                                       PATIENCE.. AND THEN SOME!
                                                                             
 
ALMOST COMPLETED..
   



GREAT JOB MITCH... THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF MOM... AS WELL AS SOME FAMILY HISTORY!


History: Chest were made by Caswwell Runyan Cedar Chests
Do you have a Cedar Chest with a story..in this day and age .. are they even used?

No comments:

Post a Comment